Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Radio Flyer

Josie got this red Radio Flyer wagon for her birthday and we just can't keep her out of it. She just loves to ride...and ride fast! She gets in there with her little monkey and just giggles away. This wagon is a far cry from the wagons we had growing up. I remember riding in our old rusting wagon with holes in the base. My siblings and I would push each other around for hours and pretend we were driving a car. We would "drive" to the grocery store and pick up pecans at my grandparents house. I know my grandad enjoyed our "grocery shopping excursions" because that meant a few less pecans he would have to pick up. Then we'd drive to the nearest gas station (tree) and fill 'er up.
Now, the wagon Josie has is like the Cadillac of wagons. It has double seats with backs, safety belts (ours definitely DID NOT have those), and cup holders too! She could ride around in her wagon for hours. Good choice for a 1st birthday even if I do say so myself.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she even has a personalized plate for her radio flyer! she is too precious....i love both her big smiles AND her concentrating face....that is when she looks the most like jeremy :)

Darla Ortiz said...

What I remember most about you 5 kids and your wagon is on our Colorado camping trips....you would to up the hill by our campsite and push each other down it in that red wagon and see how fast you could go! Nearly gave me a heart attack many times!!